All the prizes have been distributed, and the Duck Race Team have raised a whopping £1900 for 1st Stretton-on-Dunsmore Scouts Group.
Huge thanks to:
• Michelle & David Morris at the Oak for hosting Guess the Name of the Duck for selling tickets, promoting the event and donating prizes. The pizza van (arranged by The Oak) was so popular it sold out by 7pm!
• Vanessa & John Braithwaite for selling the tickets in Brookside Stores.
• Gillian Key-Vice for giving access to her property all afternoon.
• Brian Roberts for livening up the race with his commentary!
• Millie-Beth Green, Abbi Hoyle and Elena Ridges for giving up their Saturday afternoon to paint faces and tattoo arms. The girls worked so hard and efficiently together, and raised £125 on the day.
• Optera for sponsoring Guess the Name of the Duck which raised an incredible £85 this year. (The Duck name was selected randomly on the day ‘Jerry’ and won by Izzy Hoyle)
• Everyone who sold tickets, bought tickets, or manned a stall.
The prize list this year was incredible and donated mostly by local people without whom the duck race wouldn’t be able to go ahead.
We hope you agree it was a delight to see so many families lining our beautiful brook. and cheering along their little yellow ducks.
See you again next year!